Best price: £26.39 | Tools: 12 Sizes: 6-15, 17, 19mm
It was mighty close, but a slightly better result in our torque test was enough to just give the Clarke second place in our test over long-time favourite Sealey. We also liked the sizes marked on both ends and sides of the shafts, which were among the most comfortable here. There are no markings on the hanging rack, though, and it doesn’t grip the tools, either.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWe test 10 spanner sets to the limit to pick the essential workshop kit
- 2Draper Expert 23017
- 3Clarke PRO20 - currently reading
- 4Sealey Premier AK63012
- 5Siegen S0563
- 6Laser 5752
- 7Kennedy KEN-582-3960K
- 8Halfords Advanced Professional Combination Spanner SetAnother set that oozes quality.
- 9Stag Tools STA059Cheap and pretty cheerful set from aftermarket giant Tetrosyl’s new range of Stag-branded tools.
- 10Silverline SP100You’ll be very unlucky to need a spanner that’s not included within this comprehensive set, presented in a tough nylon mesh tool roll
- 11Silverline SP50