Best price: £43.82 | Tools: 12 Sizes: 8-19mm
These extra length spanners – the 13mm was 15mm longer than its nearest rival and more than 50mm longer than most – allow extra pressure to be applied to a nut or bolt. That’s great if you have the space, and the tools can take it, too, as they were topped only by our winner on the torque rig. You pay for the extra length and two ends were oversized, but these remain a good buy for tough jobs.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWe test 10 spanner sets to the limit to pick the essential workshop kit
- 2Draper Expert 23017
- 3Clarke PRO20
- 4Sealey Premier AK63012
- 5Siegen S0563
- 6Laser 5752 - currently reading
- 7Kennedy KEN-582-3960K
- 8Halfords Advanced Professional Combination Spanner SetAnother set that oozes quality.
- 9Stag Tools STA059Cheap and pretty cheerful set from aftermarket giant Tetrosyl’s new range of Stag-branded tools.
- 10Silverline SP100You’ll be very unlucky to need a spanner that’s not included within this comprehensive set, presented in a tough nylon mesh tool roll
- 11Silverline SP50