Best price: £13.08 | Tools: 14 Sizes: 8-17, 19, 21, 22, 24mm
Remarkably, this set works out even cheaper per tool than Silverline’s bigger SP100, even though the two packages include the same spanners. We even found the same sizing problem with the 13mm version, and the sets exited from our torque rig test at similar points. There’s the same finish and the shafts are tough on the fingers when applying force, but at this price the SP50 is a decent choice for keeping in the boot.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWe test 10 spanner sets to the limit to pick the essential workshop kit
- 2Draper Expert 23017
- 3Clarke PRO20
- 4Sealey Premier AK63012
- 5Siegen S0563
- 6Laser 5752
- 7Kennedy KEN-582-3960K
- 8Halfords Advanced Professional Combination Spanner SetAnother set that oozes quality.
- 9Stag Tools STA059Cheap and pretty cheerful set from aftermarket giant Tetrosyl’s new range of Stag-branded tools.
- 10Silverline SP100You’ll be very unlucky to need a spanner that’s not included within this comprehensive set, presented in a tough nylon mesh tool roll
- 11Silverline SP50 - currently reading