Olixar Dash Genie V2 Universal
Best price: £12.99, Type: Dash/Screen
A previous group test winner, this favourite still works brilliantly, and is an ideal alternative to our CD-slot winner. There are no side arms – just two footrests at the base and a sticky pad to hold the handset. It’s stable and works well, although this V2 version has a stickier pad than before, which makes removing the phone trickier, requiring a little force on the mount to separate them. A lever works the suction pad for the window/dash, which is stronger than most, making it best suited to longer term use, rather than moving from car to car.
Click on the links below for our full review on each mobile phone holder
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich is the best mobile phone holder for the car? We test eight to find the winner
- 2Olixar CD Slot Mount Car Holder MP3s, memory cards and aux sockets make most CD slots redundant nowadays, but this holder ensures they’ll still have a use.
- 3Olixar Dash Genie V2 Universal - currently reading
- 4Kit: Premium Universal SmartPhone Holder It may be universal, but this sleek holder from Kondor is best suited to larger handsets.
- 5Osomount Smart Touch Universal Magnetic MountOur pick of the magnetic mounts has a quality feel and works well
- 6Steelie Vent Mount Kit
- 7Spiegen Stealth
- 8Arkon RoadVise Mount RV179
- 9Type S PDA Holder