Steelie Vent Mount Kit
Best price: £24.95, Type: Vent
The magnetic Steelie mount is thumb sized and easily removable, so it’s perfect if you swap cars often. A lever locks the clamps to a vent and, unlike the flat magnet of the Osomount SmartTouch, the phone mounts on to a metal ball. It offers a huge range of adjustment, but does require a 3.5mm thick concave socket to be stuck to the back of the handset, which can be done either directly to the phone or on a hard-backed case. It held our test mobile securely, but pressing the edges while using apps did see it move on the mount.
Click on the links below for our full review on each mobile phone holder
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich is the best mobile phone holder for the car? We test eight to find the winner
- 2Olixar CD Slot Mount Car Holder MP3s, memory cards and aux sockets make most CD slots redundant nowadays, but this holder ensures they’ll still have a use.
- 3Olixar Dash Genie V2 Universal
- 4Kit: Premium Universal SmartPhone Holder It may be universal, but this sleek holder from Kondor is best suited to larger handsets.
- 5Osomount Smart Touch Universal Magnetic MountOur pick of the magnetic mounts has a quality feel and works well
- 6Steelie Vent Mount Kit - currently reading
- 7Spiegen Stealth
- 8Arkon RoadVise Mount RV179
- 9Type S PDA Holder