Best price: £24.99, Type: Dash
Spiegen has gone its own way with this holder, which is essentially a flexible rubber clamp. It sticks to the dash with a gel adhesive pad that also works on curved surfaces. The natural resistance in the rubber clamp holds handsets in the soft jaws, which are shaped to make one-handed placing and retrieval easy. But it has its limitations as there’s no real movement available, and the sticky pad makes switching between cars tricky. It’s not a cheap, either.
Click on the links below for our full review on each mobile phone holder
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhich is the best mobile phone holder for the car? We test eight to find the winner
- 2Olixar CD Slot Mount Car Holder MP3s, memory cards and aux sockets make most CD slots redundant nowadays, but this holder ensures they’ll still have a use.
- 3Olixar Dash Genie V2 Universal
- 4Kit: Premium Universal SmartPhone Holder It may be universal, but this sleek holder from Kondor is best suited to larger handsets.
- 5Osomount Smart Touch Universal Magnetic MountOur pick of the magnetic mounts has a quality feel and works well
- 6Steelie Vent Mount Kit
- 7Spiegen Stealth - currently reading
- 8Arkon RoadVise Mount RV179
- 9Type S PDA Holder