Aston Martin DBS Superleggera - best performance cars
Aston Martin’s flagship amplifies everything that makes the DB11 special
£225,000, 715bhp, 211mph top speed and a 0-62mph time of 3.4 seconds are all deeply impressive figures, but there’s one number that can explain the tone of the DBS Superleggera pretty much in one go - 900Nm of torque.
Thanks to a twin-turbo, 5.2-litre V12, the DBS manages to accelerate violently at any speed. The peak torque is available from 1,800rpm to 5,000rpm, making overtaking an easy proposition - a hallmark of any great grand tourer.
The old DBS, based on the DB9, competed against the Ferrari 599. This new DBS sits directly in competition with a Ferrari too, the GTC4 Lusso. With its tiny rear seats the DBS doesn’t have the same practicality as the hatchback Ferrari, but it’s mid-range shove is intoxicating and it’ll cover ground like a true GT car while looking fabulous.
Top 10 best performance cars 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run through the top ten performance cars on sale in the UK right now
- 21. Porsche 911 Mixing supercar-baiting speed with day-to-day useability this new Porsche 911 is a tour de force in the performance car market
- 32. Aston Martin DBS Superleggera - currently readingAston Martin’s flagship amplifies everything that makes the DB11 special
- 43. Mclaren 600LT If you were one of the very few who thought the McLaren 570S wasn’t hardcore enough, meet the McLaren 600LT.
- 54. Ferrari 488 PistaThe combination of road-car and race car in the Pista make for a fabulous, yet focused supercar.
- 65. Porsche 718 Cayman/BoxsterSwitch to four-cylinder power hasn't failed to dilute the Porsche 718 Cayman’s excellent driving experience
- 76. Caterham SevenFancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven
- 87. BMW M5 CompetitionThe BMW M5 Competition makes the best super saloon even more super
- 98. McLaren 720SMcLaren 720S supercar builds on the reputation of its 650 and 675 predecessors
- 109. Honda Civic Type RWhile the looks are an acquired taste, there's no arguing with the Honda Civic Type R's ability
- 1110. Ford Fiesta STThe Ford Fiesta ST cements the brand’s reputation as a reliable maker of thrilling hot hatches