McLaren 570S - best performance cars
All the driving thrills you'd expect - the McLaren 570S is an amazingly capable supercar.
The 570S sits in McLaren's more 'affordable' Sports Series range, offering supercar good looks and performance with a touch of everyday usability.
McLaren's most popular model is priced at around £150,000, and has a 562bhp twin-turbo V8 engine offering enough pace for even the keenest driver. It may not have the addictive soundtrack of its Italian rivals, but you'll hardly notice when dispatching 0-62mph in an eye-watering 3.1 seconds and racing on to a top speed of 204mph.
The steering is where the 570S really shines though, with exquisite weighting, pin-sharp responses and huge amounts of steering feel. You can have confidence in placing the nose with accuracy, and the 570S will just go where you point it without losing traction. The Sport and Track drive mode settings firm up the suspension and add even shaper throttle response.
The handling and ride is a notch above its rivals, while the dynamic mastery of the 570S is really apparent over patchy UK roads. McLaren has produced a real gem, and it's one you should check out before jumping into an Audi R8 or Lamborghini Huracan.
Top 10 best performance cars 2020
- 1IntroductionWe run through the top ten performance cars on sale in the UK right now
- 21. Porsche 911 Mixing supercar-baiting speed with day-to-day useability, the Porsche 911 is a tour-de-force in the performance car market
- 32. McLaren 570S - currently readingAll the driving thrills you'd expect - the McLaren 570S is an amazingly capable supercar.
- 43. Aston Martin VantageThe Aston Martin Vantage is a supremely capable sports car - ready and able to take on the Porsche 911.
- 54. Ferrari F8 TributoThe F8 Tributo's huge technical ability makes performance on the limit easier to reach and control.
- 65. Porsche 718 Cayman/BoxsterSwitch to four-cylinder power hasn't failed to dilute the Porsche 718 Cayman’s excellent driving experience
- 76. Alpine A110The lightweight Alpine A110 delivers a pure driving experience to go along with its quirky retro looks.
- 87. Caterham SevenFancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven.
- 98. BMW M5 CompetitionThe BMW M5 Competition makes the best super saloon even more super
- 109. Honda Civic Type RWhile the looks are an acquired taste, there's no arguing with the Honda Civic Type R's ability
- 1110. Ford Fiesta STThe Ford Fiesta ST cements the brand’s reputation as a reliable maker of thrilling hot hatches