Aston Martin DBX review - Reliability and safety
The DBX’s Mercedes-AMG engine should prove reliable, while standard safety kit is top notch.
Running the Mercedes-AMG 4.0-litre V8 petrol engine should point to a level of tried and trusted reliability for the DBX, while Aston itself has developed the car from the ground up and will be demanding nothing less than a dependable, volume-selling product.
The DBX probably won’t be tested by industry safety experts, Euro NCAP, due to the relatively low number of sales compared to other mainstream models. However, in addition to the raft of front, side and curtain airbags, there are also additional active safety features as standard, including adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist and auto emergency braking with pedestrian detection. The list of safety tech continues with systems such as traffic sign recognition, a lane departure warning, a rear cross traffic warning and blind spot detection.
Aston Martin provides owners with a three-year, unlimited-mileage warranty, along with the option of extending the cover for 12 or 24 months when it expires.
Scheduled servicing costs are fixed, with Aston suggesting V8-powered vehicles are seen by approved technicians annually or every 10,000 miles.
In this review
- 1VerdictIts looks may divide opinion, but the DBX does all the things you’d want a luxury SUV to do, with added Aston Martin magic.
- 2Engines, performance and driveFantastic Mercedes-AMG power combined with Aston Martin chassis technology, means the DBX goes and handles like a dream.
- 3MPG, CO2 and running costsYou’ll need deep pockets if you’re going to run a super-SUV like the Aston Martin DBX.
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe DBX is the subtler choice when compared to its close rivals; interior quality is good, too.
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceWith good off-road capability, a large, practical boot and decent levels of comfort, the Aston Martin DBX is a proper 4x4.
- 6Reliability and safety - currently readingThe DBX’s Mercedes-AMG engine should prove reliable, while standard safety kit is top notch.