Safest large family cars 2019: Tesla Model 3 and BMW 3 Series
These two cars came in joint first when originally tested in 2019
Both cars scored identical overall results, but more specifically, the BMW scored higher in pedestrian protection, with 87 per cent compared with the Model 3’s 74 per cent. The Tesla, however, had the advantage in the Safety Assist category with 94 per cent compared to the 3 Series’ 76 per cent.
Both cars scored highly for the safety of occupants - with the Tesla achieving 86 per cent for children and 96 per cent for adults.
The BMW scored ever so slightly higher with 87 per cent for children and a particularly impressive 97 per cent for adults.
Safest large family car - previous winners
- 1IntroductionWe look at the cars Euro NCAP has named as the safest cars on sale
- 2Safest electric and executive car: Mercedes EQSThe Mercedes EQS is a double achiever - it's not only Euro NCAP's safest electric car but its the safest executive car, too.
- 3Safest small family car: Skoda FabiaThe latest Fabia packs cutting-edge safety tech into a reasonably-priced package
- 4Safest small MPV: Toyota Yaris CrossThe Yaris Cross shares many things with the Yaris hatchback, including a five-star safety rating
- 5Safest small SUV: Nissan QashqaiThe Qashqai's fantastic five-star safety rating makes it an attractive proposition to family buyers
- 6Safest large SUV: Skoda Enyaq iVSkoda's first electric car has truly set the benchmark for safety
- 7Safest large family cars 2019: Tesla Model 3 and BMW 3 Series - currently readingThese two cars came in joint first when originally tested in 2019