We name the UK's favourite car - and rank the top 100 from best to worst.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! You voted the new Skoda Superb as your favourite car of 2011.
Skoda’s Superb is part executive saloon, part full-sized family car and part all-round superstar. Pioneering an innovative twin saloon/hatchback bodystyle, the Superb also impresses as a classy estate.
Take a look at the Superb’s Driver Power ranking compared to rivals and you will see that it is certainly living up to its name.
And while it doesn’t grab the top-spot in any of our category awards, its all-round brilliance achieves and almost unrivalled top 10 finishes in seven categories. Only lukewarm reviews for its road handling stops its victory being absolute.
If you’re buying an executive saloon, a family car or even an MPV and the Superb isn’t on your shortlist – it should be!
What you said:"The steering, brakes and handling are brilliant... plus there's so much rear legroom, it feels like being in a limousine" - David Tanner, of Fareham, Hants.
"Brilliant in every respect. Great value for money and incredibly well equipped when compared with the competition." - Skoda Yeti Driver.
Click here to download the full results
For a closer look at the best cars in Britain, don’t miss your freeDriver Power Magazine, inside Auto Express issue 1,161, on sale now.
How are our results calculated? Our survey asks drivers to ratetheir car out of five in 10 key categories. An independent dataprocessing company then crunches the numbers to provide the overallaverage scores.
Why doesn’t my car feature? Not allmodels can be included, due to the sheer number of cars on UK roads.Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a robust sample sizeof drivers of each vehicle.
- 1IntroductionThe results of Auto Express's market-leading survey are in, as we reveal the Driver Power winners.
- 2Class WinnersWant to know which city car performs best in Driver Power? Our breakdown picks out the top buys in eight key classes.
- 3Category WinnersBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more...
- 4Winning ManufacturerIt's a golden moment for Skoda. The Czech firm has retained top spot in the manufacturers rankings in 2011!
- 5The Top 100Don't miss the Driver Power guide to the 100 best cars in Britain.
- 6Overall Winner - currently readingWe name the UK's favourite car - and rank the top 100 from best to worst.