Want to know which city car performs best in Driver Power? Our breakdown picks out the top buys in eight key classes.
Here we combine all the results from the 2011 Driver Power survey to decide which vehicles are best in class.
Just like the rest of our survey, each car is rated on practicality, handling, comfort, ease of driving, ride quality, braking, performance running costs and reliability.
But to help you find the perfect model for you, vehicles are only judged against other cars in the same market segment.
Simply click on the links below to find out which cars take class honours.
- Best Small Car
- Best Compact Family Car
- Best Family Car
- Best Compact Executive Car
- Best Executive Car
- Best Off-Road Car
- Best Sports Car
- Best People Carrier
For a closer look at the best cars in Britain, don’t miss your free Driver Power Magazine, inside Auto Express issue 1,161, on sale now.
How are our results calculated? Our survey asks drivers to rate their car out of five in 10 key categories. An independent data processing company then crunches the numbers to provide the overall average scores.
Why doesn’t my car feature? Not all models can be included, due to the sheer number of cars on UK roads. Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a robust sample size of drivers of each vehicle.
- 1IntroductionThe results of Auto Express's market-leading survey are in, as we reveal the Driver Power winners.
- 2Class Winners - currently readingWant to know which city car performs best in Driver Power? Our breakdown picks out the top buys in eight key classes.
- 3Category WinnersBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more...
- 4Winning ManufacturerIt's a golden moment for Skoda. The Czech firm has retained top spot in the manufacturers rankings in 2011!
- 5The Top 100Don't miss the Driver Power guide to the 100 best cars in Britain.
- 6Overall WinnerWe name the UK's favourite car - and rank the top 100 from best to worst.