Top 10 best cars for infotainment, connectivity and electrics
Driver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' connectivity and tech, here are the top 10 highest rated
- Covering: Entertainment systems, smartphone connectivity, built-in sat-nav, user-friendliness of the controls, visibility and sensitivity of the displays, balance of touchscreen and physical controls.
- Winner: Kia Sorento Mk4
- Score: 93.08%
With a win in the exterior category under its belt, the Kia Sorento also clinches the top rating in the survey for its excellent infotainment and controls.
It’s an impressive performance, too, with owners awarding the Kia second place for user-friendly switchgear and for the balance between physical and touchscreen controls, third place for its climate control system, fifth for audio and sixth for touchscreen sensitivity. Owners don’t find it so easy to connect their smartphones, though, ranking the Sorento a disappointing 37th.
The Dacia Duster comes second in the category, showing up the Sorento with a first place for smartphone connectivity, but it’s not as strong elsewhere, including a mediocre 36th for its climate controls.
The BMW i3 in third majors on user-friendly controls (where it’s rated fourth), but trips up on its audio system, which only ranks 31st. Only one car from last year’s top 10 appears this year, the 2022 category champion, the Hyundai Kona, which comes fifth this time around.
“The audio system in my Kona is great all round. The sat-nav is easy to use and to see, and the heating and air-con are superb.”
Infotainment, connectivity and electrics top 10
|Model||Class||Overall Position||Overall Score||Category Score|
|1. Kia Sorento Mk4||Mid to Large SUV||2nd||92.44%||93.08%|
|2. Dacia Duster Mk2||Small SUV||4th||91.75%||92.95%|
|3. BMW i3||Supermini||13th||91.10%||92.88%|
|4. Hyundai Ioniq||Compact Family Car||11th||91.19%||92.87%|
|5. Ford EcoSport||Small SUV||6th||91.52%||92.86%|
|6. Hyundai Kona||Small SUV||16th||90.95%||92.75%|
|7. Audi Q3 Mk2||Premium Small SUV||27th||90.36%||92.64%|
|8. Ford Kuga Mk3||Mid to Large SUV||15th||90.99%||92.53%|
|9. Renault Captur Mk2||Small SUV||34th||89.98%||92.33%|
|10. Volkswagen T-Roc||Mid to Large SUV||28th||90.19%||92.26%|
Now tell us about your car in the Driver Power survey...
- 1IntroductionDriver Power, the UK’s most comprehensive car customer satisfaction survey, crowns the best cars by category
- 2Engines and gearboxesDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' engines and gearboxes, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 3Infotainment, connectivity and electrics - currently readingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' connectivity and tech, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 4Interior and comfortDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' interior and comfort, here are the top ten highest rated
- 5Exterior stylingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought about their cars' exterior. Here are the top ten highest rated.
- 6Practicality and boot spaceDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' practicality and boot space. These are the top ten highest rated
- 7Ride and handlingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' ride and handling, and these are the top ten highest rated
- 8Safety featuresDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' safety features. Here are the top ten highest rated
- 9MPG and running costsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' MPG and running costs. These are the top ten highest rated