Used Mazda CX-3 (Mk1, 2015-2020) review - What do owners think?
Mazda has a strong reputation for reliability, but some models haven’t been highly rated in our Driver Power satisfaction surveys
Mazda has an excellent reputation for reliability and is a consistently strong performer in Driver Power. Its ninth-place finish in the 2015 survey was well ahead of premium brands such as Audi and Mercedes. And while its dealers didn’t finish as well in the same poll, the network still outperformed these two.
Other cars from Mazda have finished surprisingly low down the Driver Power list in the past – older versions of the 3 compact family car and 6 large family car tumbled down the table, for example, making it seem as though owners were more critical in 2015 than they had been in previous years. Yet at the same time, more modern models performed much, much better, so the omens are good for the CX-3, which shares technology with this latest generation of cars.
The CX-3 ranked a disappointing 48th in the Driver Power 2018 new car satisfaction survey; poor ratings for practicality, comfort and running costs dragged the score down. But owners were far more enamoured with the ride and handling, along with the exterior design and finish. The infotainment and connectivity are also well thought of. Safety and reliability came mid-table.
In this review
- 1Mazda CX-3 reviewThe Mazda CX-3 is a fun, small crossover that is a bit pricey to buy, but cheap to run
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe 1.8 diesel serves up cracking performance and impressive fuel economy, but the 2.0 petrol is good, too
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsIt’s not the cheapest supermini-based SUV you can buy; diesel and four-wheel drive versions are rare
- 4Interior, design and technologyMazda has a strong reputation for reliability, but some models haven’t been highly rated in our Driver Power satisfaction surveys
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceAlthough the front seats are comfortable, the Mazda CX-3 is rather cramped in the rear. Plus, the boot is small
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingMazda has a strong reputation for reliability, but some models haven’t been highly rated in our Driver Power satisfaction surveys