Used Peugeot 208 (Mk1, 2012-2019) – What do owners think?
The Peugeot 208 Mk1 hasn’t had the strongest reliability record in our Driver Power surveys, but owners have praised the car’s low running costs
The 208 Mk1 comes from a time when Peugeot was making strides towards improving the reliability of its cars. However, as time has gone on, the 208 Mk1 hasn’t had the strongest reputation for durability, with issues involving the interior trim and faults with the touchscreen displays being flagged in our Driver Power owner satisfaction survey.
Overall, though, the Peugeot 208 Mk1 has performed well over the years in our Driver Power surveys, and has been rated highly by owners in areas such as its styling, ride quality and low running costs. However, there were still other aspects where Peugeot 208 Mk1 owners weren’t generally impressed with their cars: other issues raised by 208 Mk1 drivers include the car’s practicality and the overall levels of performance.
When it comes to mechanical durability, the Peugeot 208 Mk1 hasn’t set the world on fire. In its final appearance as a new car in 2019 in our Driver Power owner satisfaction survey, the 208 Mk1 was rated 96th out of 100 cars, and electrical and interior trim issues were some of the more frequently cited faults with the Peugeot in its final appearances in our surveys. For example, in the 2018 edition, 11.3 per cent of respondents said they’d had at least one problem with their Peugeot 208 Mk1.
In this review
- 1Used Peugeot 208 (Mk1, 2012-2019) reviewThe Peugeot 208 Mk1 is a stylish supermini with good equipment levels and efficient engines, but some alternatives are nicer to drive
- 2How much will it cost?Good fuel economy and affordable prices mean the Peugeot 208 Mk1 shouldn’t be an expensive car to run
- 3How practical is it?Despite its size, the Peugeot 208 Mk1 is pretty practical by small car standards
- 4What’s it like to drive?The Peugeot 208 Mk1 is composed and easy to drive, though it’s not as fun as some rivals
- 5What should you look for?The Peugeot 208 Mk1 doesn’t have many common problems, but do bear in mind the car’s not-exactly-impressive reliability record
- 6What do owners think? - currently readingThe Peugeot 208 Mk1 hasn’t had the strongest reliability record in our Driver Power surveys, but owners have praised the car’s low running costs