Pirelli Cinturato Winter 2 review
The Pirelli was on the pace in the dry, but struggled for stability in the downhill stop
The Winter 2 represented the final step in Pirelli’s revamp of the Cinturato range and made its test debut last year in 16-inch form. Then it finished joint fourth.
In 2022 it was happiest on the white stuff and it was similar this time, ranking second overall across the two tests.
It was on the pace in the dry too, matching the Continental in the two assessments and taking the win in braking. Again, like last year, it couldn’t maintain that edge around the handling track, where it struggled for stability in the big, downhill stop.
An overall fifth place in the wet tests hurt its chances of a podium place. It had a good balance, but care was needed to maintain traction. Fuel economy was closer to the best than last year, but still needs work.
Another sound performance from the Winter 2, but both wet grip and fuel economy will need work if it is to match the front runners.
We are unable to provide any insight into the tyre’s popularity or performance with our customers at present.
|Pirelli Cinturato Winter 2|
In this review
- 1IntroductionWe push a selection of winter tyres to the max in all conditions to see which is Britain's best
- 2Continental WinterContact TS 870A strong all-round showing put the Continental into a lead over arch rival Bridgestone that it never lost
- 3Bridgestone Blizzak LM005The Blizzak LM005 won our snow braking and snow traction tests, and was close to taking top spot overall
- 4Goodyear UltraGrip Performance 3The Goodyear UltraGrip Performance 3 is a great all-round tyre in winter conditions
- 5Hankook i*cept RS3The Hankook i*cept RS3 came alive in the dry and wet, but it comes at the expense of grip in the snow
- 6Pirelli Cinturato Winter 2 - currently readingThe Pirelli was on the pace in the dry, but struggled for stability in the downhill stop
- 7Michelin Alpin 6Fuel economy has improved over time, but sadly the same cannot be said for cabin noise
- 8Vredestein Wintrac ProThe Wintrac Pro was at its weakest in the wet, where lacked the balance of its rivals
- 9Alternative tyre choicesNot sure about winter tyres? Here are two other options
- 10Results by categoryWhich winter tyre performed well in which area? Our tables reveal all