Renaultsport Clio 200
The latest Renaultsport Clio can now be had for less than £10,000
Few hot hatches can match the raw thrill of a Renaultsport Clio – and a nearly new Clio 200 is now yours for less than £10,000.
You don’t get much for your money in terms of mod cons, but thanks to the purity of the front-wheel-drive chassis, steering that buzzes with feedback and virtually unbreakable grip, the hot Clio would be able to leave your average supercar for dead on a tight and twisty B-road.
The free-revving naturally aspirated 2.0-litre petrol engine is hooked up to a sharp-shifting six-speed box, although this combination can make for tiring motorway trips.
A £10,000 budget will get you a post-facelift Clio 200 with only a handful of miles on the clock, and you have the choice of standard or Cup versions of the car. The latter is even more focused, with luxuries like the air-conditioning removed in a bid to save weight. As a compromise, you can get the standard car with the Cup suspension.
The 13,000-mile 10-plater we found had the Cup suspension pack, and was on sale privately for £9,995 – although there’s quite a lot of choice at this price.
- 1IntroductionWe pick eight of the best performance car bargains, with budgets ranging from just £895 to £29,000
- 2Sub-£1,000Want performance car thrills for less than £1,000? Try the Fiat Coupe
- 3£1,000 - £2,500Plenty of choice for between £1,000 and £2,500 - the Mazda RX-8 is one of our favourites
- 4£2,500 - £5,000Fancy owning a Porsche for less than £5,000? The Boxster is a great used buy
- 5£5,000 - £10,000 - currently readingThe latest Renaultsport Clio can now be had for less than £10,000
- 6£10,000 - £15,000The rally-bred Mitsubishi Evo can be yours for less than £15,000
- 7£15,000 - £20,000The mighty BMW M5 gets a 5.0-litre V10 and is now less than £20,000
- 8£20,000 - £25,000At less than £25,000, the previous-generation 911 is a superb used buy
- 9£25,000 and aboveFor less than £30,000, little comes close to the V8 Vantage for badge appeal and driving thrills