Performance car bargains
We pick eight of the best performance car bargains, with budgets ranging from just £895 to £29,000
For the same price as a second-hand supermini, you could snap up a used Porsche Boxster. The mid-engined sports car is famous for its power and accessible handling – and it’s now more affordable than ever.
But even if your budget is restricted to less than £1,000 – you can still have fun behind the wheel. We’ve scoured the classifieds to find second-hand stars in eight price brackets.
- 1Introduction - currently readingWe pick eight of the best performance car bargains, with budgets ranging from just £895 to £29,000
- 2Sub-£1,000Want performance car thrills for less than £1,000? Try the Fiat Coupe
- 3£1,000 - £2,500Plenty of choice for between £1,000 and £2,500 - the Mazda RX-8 is one of our favourites
- 4£2,500 - £5,000Fancy owning a Porsche for less than £5,000? The Boxster is a great used buy
- 5£5,000 - £10,000The latest Renaultsport Clio can now be had for less than £10,000
- 6£10,000 - £15,000The rally-bred Mitsubishi Evo can be yours for less than £15,000
- 7£15,000 - £20,000The mighty BMW M5 gets a 5.0-litre V10 and is now less than £20,000
- 8£20,000 - £25,000At less than £25,000, the previous-generation 911 is a superb used buy
- 9£25,000 and aboveFor less than £30,000, little comes close to the V8 Vantage for badge appeal and driving thrills