The top ten best cars for interior and comfort
Driver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' interior and comfort, here are the top ten highest rated
- Covering: Interior styling, quality of the interior finish and materials, front-seat comfort, all-round visibility from the driver’s seat, rear-seat legroom
- Winner: Honda CR-V Mk5
- Score: 94.66%
Honda’s popular mid-sized CR-V SUV took top spot in the interior category. Owners were particularly impressed by the quality of its interior finish and materials, and the visibility from the driving seat.
The CR-V topped the poll in those areas, and came second overall for its rear-seat legroom. Front-seat comfort was rated seventh, while the Honda’s interior styling completed a very positive picture in this category, thanks to a ninth-place finish.
With every element of the interior category rated in the top 10, Honda has obviously got the CR-V’s cabin spot on for the majority of its customers.
Second position in the category went to the Kia XCeed, which netted a first place for interior styling, second for front-seat comfort and third position for all-round visibility. Owners rated the quality of the XCeed’s interior finish and materials in fourth place, but the Kia’s rear-seat legroom was ranked 14th overall.
Mazda’s CX-5 took third place in this section. It was most highly rated for its interior styling, quality and good visibility.
“There is lots of adjustment in the front seats, and I especially love the lumbar adjustment. The CR-V’s interior has a generally high-quality design and finish.”
Interior and comfort top 10
|Model||Class||Overall Position||Overall Score||Category Score|
|HONDA CR-V||Mid to Large SUV||7||91.10%||94.66%|
|KIA XCEED||Small SUV||1||93.31%||94.07%|
|MAZDA CX-5||Mid to Large SUV||2||92.22%||93.97%|
|SKODA KODIAQ||Mid to Large SUV||5||91.52%||93.10%|
|KIA SPORTAGE||Mid to Large SUV||6||91.23%||92.37%|
|VOLVO XC40||Premium Small SUV||23||89.19%||92.09%|
|PEUGEOT 3008||Mid to Large SUV||13||90.29%||91.48%|
|MERCEDES A-CLASS||Premium Compact Family||30||88.78%||91.36%|
|SEAT ATECA||Mid to Large SUV||10||90.68%||91.30%|
Now tell us about your car in the Driver Power survey...
- 1IntroductionDriver Power, the UK’s most comprehensive car customer satisfaction survey, crowns the best cars by category
- 2Engines and gearboxesDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' engines and gearboxes, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 3Infotainment, connectivity and electricsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' connectivity and tech, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 4Interior and comfort - currently readingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' interior and comfort, here are the top ten highest rated
- 5Exterior stylingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought about their cars' exterior. Here are the top ten highest rated.
- 6Practicality and boot spaceDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' practicality and boot space. These are the top ten highest rated
- 7Ride and handlingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' ride and handling, and these are the top ten highest rated
- 8Safety featuresDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' safety features. Here are the top ten highest rated
- 9MPG and running costsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' MPG and running costs. These are the top ten highest rated
- 10ValueDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' value. These are the top ten highest rated