MPV: Ford Galaxy
Hugely spacious yet pretty fun to drive, the Ford Galaxy looks like great value at £4,200
The crossover/SUV surge has seen MPVs fall out of favour, which is why few manufacturers now offer one. Those that do, such as Ford, SEAT and VW, charge £350 per month for a PCP on average, which works out at £4,200 per year. Buy used, and that budget secures a 2008 Ford Galaxy 1.8 TDCi.
The recently replaced Galaxy is the best-selling MPV in the UK, which is no great surprise. It appeals with its generous standard kit, plus it's fun to drive for a car of its size. But the Ford also delivers where it matters most - it can carry seven adults in comfort and doesn't cost a fortune to run.
2008 Kia Sedona: Sedona is one of the most spcaious MPVS around, and its low profile means used prices are keen.
2010 Renault Scenic/Grand Scenic: Distinctive styling a pratical interior and lots of kit add up to great value.
Best used PCP alternatives:
- 1IntroductionPersonal Contract Purchasing is more popular than ever, but we show which used cars you can buy with a year's worth of PCP payments
- 2City car/supermini: SEAT IbizaWe found a 1.4 Sport model of the popular Polo-based supermini for just £2,100
- 3Compact family car: Vauxhall AstraA practical choice, you can pick up a Vauxhall Astra for £3,000 without too much trouble
- 4Compact executive car: Audi A4Just £4,800 could buy this classy and efficient Audi A4
- 5SUV/Crossover: Toyota RAV4The spacious and capable Toyota RAV4 could be yours for around £4,800, making it a compelling buy
- 6MPV: Ford Galaxy - currently readingHugely spacious yet pretty fun to drive, the Ford Galaxy looks like great value at £4,200
- 7Sports car: Mazda MX-5For a bit of drop-top fun, nothing beats a Mazda MX-5 - and one could be yours for just £4,200