Dacia Duster- best crossovers and small SUVs
The updated Dacia Duster retains its bargain-basement price, but can still hold its own against significantly more expensive SUVs
It’s no secret SUVs are in fashion. Most car manufacturers have an SUV in their line-up and the rise of the high-riding body shape looks set to continue.
SUVs are associated with being expensive, but with the Dacia Duster that’s not the case. In fact, with prices starting from just £9,995 the Duster is one of the cheapest cars (let alone SUVs) you can buy.
For a supermini price-tag you can have a family car with some serious off-road potential. There’s also nothing at the Duster’s price-point which will challenge its sheer spaciousness and practicality.
The reason Dacia are able to sell the Duster so cheap is because it’s based on a decade-old Renault chassis and the interior isn’t what you’d call lavish. But if you can look past these understandable foibles and the undesirable badge, the Duster is a well-rounded family SUV available at a bargain cost.
Top 10 best crossovers and small SUVs to buy now
- 1IntroductionThere's a huge range of crossovers and small SUVs on the market today. These are our top ten picks
- 21. Skoda KaroqThe Karoq continues its reign at the top of the crossover class
- 32. Peugeot 3008Thanks to Grip Control Peugeot’s two-wheel drive 3008 is a capable off-roader
- 43. Citroen C3 AircrossThe Citroen C3 Aircross proves not all SUVs and 4x4s need to be dull
- 54. Range Rover EvoqueThe Mk2 Range Rover Evoque makes use of tech and design from the Velar
- 65. Dacia Duster - currently readingThe updated Dacia Duster retains its bargain-basement price, but can still hold its own against significantly more expensive SUVs
- 76. Volkswagen T-CrossVolkswagen’s T-Cross might not be available with four-wheel drive, but that doesn’t mean you should discount it
- 87. Toyota RAV4The Toyota RAV4 arguably kicked off the family SUV craze in the early 1990’s and the latest generation is just as good
- 98. Audi Q3The latest Audi Q3 has bags of style, impressive tech and makes for a great all-round SUV.
- 109. Lexus UXThe Lexus UX is a genuine alternative to the German SUV mainstream thanks to bold looks, refinement, efficiency and affordability.
- 1110. SEAT AronaThe SEAT Arona combines practicality with respectable driving dynamics to make it a great all-rounder