Peugeot 3008 - best crossovers and small SUVs
Thanks to Grip Control Peugeot’s two-wheel drive 3008 is a capable off-roader
The 3008 is a great car overall, offering up plenty of space, technology and a supple ride to place Peugeot’s mid-size crossover near the top of its class. Thanks to its clever Grip Control system it competes well in the small 4x4 class, too.
The first generation 3008 was available with four-wheel drive, but Peugeot decided to forego the system in favour of Grip Control.
‘Advanced Grip Control’ can be optioned onto Allure, GT Line and GT trim levels and adds all-season tyres as well as a rotary dial which can be switched between normal, snow, sand, mud and off.
It may sound like a gimmick to 4x4 enthusiasts, but it works well and proves two-wheel drive crossovers can tackle tough terrain all year round.
Top 10 best crossovers and small SUVs to buy now
- 1IntroductionThere's a huge range of crossovers and small SUVs on the market today. These are our top ten picks
- 21. Skoda KaroqThe Karoq continues its reign at the top of the crossover class
- 32. Peugeot 3008 - currently readingThanks to Grip Control Peugeot’s two-wheel drive 3008 is a capable off-roader
- 43. Citroen C3 AircrossThe Citroen C3 Aircross proves not all SUVs and 4x4s need to be dull
- 54. Range Rover EvoqueThe Mk2 Range Rover Evoque makes use of tech and design from the Velar
- 65. Dacia DusterThe updated Dacia Duster retains its bargain-basement price, but can still hold its own against significantly more expensive SUVs
- 76. Volkswagen T-CrossVolkswagen’s T-Cross might not be available with four-wheel drive, but that doesn’t mean you should discount it
- 87. Toyota RAV4The Toyota RAV4 arguably kicked off the family SUV craze in the early 1990’s and the latest generation is just as good
- 98. Audi Q3The latest Audi Q3 has bags of style, impressive tech and makes for a great all-round SUV.
- 109. Lexus UXThe Lexus UX is a genuine alternative to the German SUV mainstream thanks to bold looks, refinement, efficiency and affordability.