Audi Q3 - best crossovers and small SUVs
The latest Audi Q3 has bags of style, impressive tech and makes for a great all-round SUV.
Behind the wheel the Q3 is among the best in the small SUV class to drive. Ride comfort has been much improved in the latest car and while it may not be as fun to drive as a BMW X1, the Q3 offers great refinement and there’s a good range of petrol and diesel engines.
The Q3’s cabin is typically sophisticated and has an upmarket feel with Audi’s exemplary Virtual Cockpit display and 12.25 inch central infotainment screen contributing to an impressive level of technology.
There’s more room in this Q3 than the old one, in fact, it's 530-litre boot comfortably beats the Volvo XC40's 432 litres and BMW X1's 505 litres. Then again, the Q3 doesn’t come cheap, and the optional extras you’ll want will quickly bump the list price up.
Top 10 best crossovers and small SUVs to buy now
- 1IntroductionThere's a huge range of crossovers and small SUVs on the market today. These are our top ten picks
- 21. Skoda KaroqThe Karoq continues its reign at the top of the crossover class
- 32. Peugeot 3008Thanks to Grip Control Peugeot’s two-wheel drive 3008 is a capable off-roader
- 43. Citroen C3 AircrossThe Citroen C3 Aircross proves not all SUVs and 4x4s need to be dull
- 54. Range Rover EvoqueThe Mk2 Range Rover Evoque makes use of tech and design from the Velar
- 65. Dacia DusterThe updated Dacia Duster retains its bargain-basement price, but can still hold its own against significantly more expensive SUVs
- 76. Volkswagen T-CrossVolkswagen’s T-Cross might not be available with four-wheel drive, but that doesn’t mean you should discount it
- 87. Toyota RAV4The Toyota RAV4 arguably kicked off the family SUV craze in the early 1990’s and the latest generation is just as good
- 98. Audi Q3 - currently readingThe latest Audi Q3 has bags of style, impressive tech and makes for a great all-round SUV.
- 109. Lexus UXThe Lexus UX is a genuine alternative to the German SUV mainstream thanks to bold looks, refinement, efficiency and affordability.