Top 10 best cars for exterior styling
Driver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought about their cars' exterior. Here are the top ten highest rated.
- Covering: Overall exterior styling, the quality of the paint finish and the materials used
- Winner: Kia Sorento Mk4
- Score: 97.20%
Last year’s winner in the exterior category was the Kia XCeed crossover, and in 2022 the Kia Rio Mk4 also slipped into the top 10 at eighth. This year, the Korean brand has surpassed that effort by taking all three places on the podium, with the Sorento Mk4 in the top spot, the XCeed second and the Ceed Mk3 hatch ranking third. The Rio Mk4, meanwhile, drops back to 23rd in the rundown.
Doing well in the exterior category isn’t just about the styling. Owners must also rate the quality of the exterior finish and materials, and the Kia trio performs superbly on both counts. The Sorento – which finishes second overall in this year’s survey – comes in fourth for exterior styling, but first for quality and finish.
The XCeed takes second overall for styling and 10th for quality and finish, while the Ceed ranks eighth for style and seventh for quality and finish. Those category positions here are reversed in the full survey, where the Ceed takes 10th position to the XCeed’s 12th.
Exterior top 10
|Model||Class||Overall Position||Overall Score||Category Score|
|1. Kia Sorento Mk4||Mid to Large SUV||2nd||92.44%||97.20%|
|2. Kia XCeed||Small SUV||12th||91.19%||96.65%|
|3. Kia Ceed Mk3||Compact Family Car||45th||89.21%||93.10%|
|4. MINI hatch Mk3||Supermini||24th||90.64%||96.04%|
|5. Mazda CX-5 Mk2||Mid to Large SUV||9th||91.36%||96.00%|
|6. Lexus RX Mk4||Premium Mid to Large SUV||3rd||92.15%||95.84%|
|7. Volkswagen T-Cross||Small SUV||21st||90.72%||95.73%|
|8. Audi Q3 Mk2||Premium Small SUV||27th||90.36%||95.58%|
|9. Citroen C4 Mk3||Compact Family Car||1st||93.39%||95.13%|
|10. Subaru Outback Mk6||Mid to Large SUV||5th||91.73%||95.11%|
Now tell us about your car in the Driver Power survey...
- 1IntroductionDriver Power, the UK’s most comprehensive car customer satisfaction survey, crowns the best cars by category
- 2Engines and gearboxesDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' engines and gearboxes, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 3Infotainment, connectivity and electricsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' connectivity and tech, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 4Interior and comfortDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' interior and comfort, here are the top ten highest rated
- 5Exterior styling - currently readingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought about their cars' exterior. Here are the top ten highest rated.
- 6Practicality and boot spaceDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' practicality and boot space. These are the top ten highest rated
- 7Ride and handlingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' ride and handling, and these are the top ten highest rated
- 8Safety featuresDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' safety features. Here are the top ten highest rated
- 9MPG and running costsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' MPG and running costs. These are the top ten highest rated