Top 10 best cars for safety features
Driver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' safety features. Here are the top ten highest rated
- Covering: Number of electronic safety systems,how easy it is to activate and shut off said systems
- Winner: Subaru XV Mk2
- Score: 94.64%
The XV flies under the radar overall in the survey, and barely makes it into the top half of the table. When it comes to safety features, though, its owners couldn’t be happier, awarding it second place both for the number of safety features fitted, and also for how those systems work.
They’re also satisfied with how easy it is to activate and deactivate said systems, awarding the XV a very decent 10th place.
The Polestar 2 and Kia Sorento take second and third places on the category podium. The Polestar beats the XV to first place for the number of safety systems the car is equipped with, and follows that up with an excellent second place for the ease of turning them on and off.
However, owners only rated safety system functionality at 17th, allowing the XV to run away with the win. The third-placed Sorento has the best-functioning safety systems in the survey, say readers, but a seventh place for ease of activation and ninth for the number of features confirmed its bronze medal.
“Safety features and ease of access are strong points for Subaru and they should be commended for these elements of their cars.”
Safety features top 10
|Model||Class||Overall Position||Overall Score||Category Score|
|1. Subaru XV Mk2||Mid to Large SUV||35th||89.87%||94.64%|
|2. Polestar 2||Premium Mid to Large SUV||17th||90.94%||94.40%|
|3. Kia Sorento Mk4||Mid to Large SUV||2nd||92.44%||94.35%|
|4. Volkswagen T-Roc||Mid to Large SUV||28th||90.19%||94.04%|
|5. Citroen C4 Mk3||Compact Family Car||1st||93.99%||93.97%|
|6. MINI Hatch Mk3||Supermini||24th||90.64%||93.83%|
|7. Toyota Prius Mk4||Compact Family Car||8th||91.45%||92.98%|
|8. Lexus UX||Premium Small SUV||38th||89.56%||92.97%|
|9. Tesla Model 3||Executive||22nd||90.71%||92.78%|
|10. Lexus NX Mk1||Premium Mid to Large SUV||55th||88.68%||92.61%|
Now tell us about your car in the Driver Power survey...
- 1IntroductionDriver Power, the UK’s most comprehensive car customer satisfaction survey, crowns the best cars by category
- 2Engines and gearboxesDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' engines and gearboxes, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 3Infotainment, connectivity and electricsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought of their cars' connectivity and tech, here are the top 10 highest rated
- 4Interior and comfortDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' interior and comfort, here are the top ten highest rated
- 5Exterior stylingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers what they thought about their cars' exterior. Here are the top ten highest rated.
- 6Practicality and boot spaceDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' practicality and boot space. These are the top ten highest rated
- 7Ride and handlingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' ride and handling, and these are the top ten highest rated
- 8Safety features - currently readingDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' safety features. Here are the top ten highest rated
- 9MPG and running costsDriver Power asked UK new car buyers about their cars' MPG and running costs. These are the top ten highest rated