Peugeot 3008 review - Reliability and safety
The Peugeot 3008 offers lots of safety kit and a five-star Euro NCAP rating, while customers praise its reliability.
The Peugeot 3008 achieved an outstanding second-place finish in our 2020 Driver Power customer satisfaction survey, while Peugeot as a brand came 8th out of 30 manufacturers - beating the likes of BMW and Volvo.
Build quality, cabin styling, boot space and smooth ride quality all impressed Peugeot owners; the 3008 delivers on all these points and justifies its place as one of our favourite SUVs.
Where the car has proved itself, however, it with its safety rating. The 3008 features a host of safety equipment and driver aids, including automatic emergency braking, as standard. Extra kit includes blind spot detection, lane keep assist, driver attention alert and adaptive cruise control. And, the end result was that Euro NCAP awarded the car five stars after crash-testing it in 2016.
In the adult occupant section, the car scored 86%, with researchers complimenting the car on its protection for different-sized front-seat passengers, as well as getting maximum points in the side impact test. For child occupants, the 3008 scored 85%. Euro NCAP noted that head protection for children was good, and there’s clear indication about the status of the airbag to allow baby seats to be fitted.
The Peugeot 3008 gets a two-year unlimited mileage warranty from the factory, plus an extra year from the dealer, adding up to a total of three years. That matches the industry standard, which is mainly only beaten by Kia’s seven-year and Toyota and Hyundai’s five-year warranties.
Peugeot offers fixed-price servicing packages to help spread the cost of scheduled maintenance.
In this review
- 1VerdictThe Peugeot 3008 is a front-running crossover that offers a spacious, upmarket cabin and plenty of kit
- 2Engines, performance and driveEfficient engines and a composed ride both work in the 3008's favour
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsPeugeot offers frugal petrol, diesel and hybrid engines for the 3008.
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe 3008 looks good and has one of the best interiors in its class.
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe 3008 has a bigger boot than a Nissan Qashqai and plenty of space inside
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe Peugeot 3008 offers lots of safety kit and a five-star Euro NCAP rating, while customers praise its reliability.