Peugeot 5008 review - Reliability and safety
The 5008 includes excellent levels of standard safety kit, while Driver Power customer satisfaction results are reassuring
The Peugeot 5008 hasn't featured in our Driver Power customer satisfaction surveys, but the closely related 3008 has been a regular on the list of Best cars to buy, with owners praising the car's ride and handling, safety features and infotainment.
Peugeot as a marque usually performs reasonably well in the manufacturer ranking, knocking on the door of the top 10 and regularly beating companies such as BMW, Audi and Mercedes, while also finishing ahead of sister brand Citroen. In fact, Peugeot managed 11th place in the 2021 Best brands survey.
As family transport, the Peugeot will be reassuringly safe, offering autonomous braking and lane-departure warning as standard across the range, while Allure models and above get blind spot detection as well as high-beam and lane-keeping assist functions.
There isn’t really any safety tech to add because most of this is included as standard. And just to reiterate the close relationship between the 3008 and 5008, the 3008's five-star Euro NCAP rating that it achieved in 2016 applies equally to the seven-seater, as it has the same safety tech on board.
In the UK, the 5008 has the same three-year warranty as is available on all new Peugeots – with the first two years covered by Peugeot and the final year covered by the company's dealers. It’s pretty much an industry-standard package and is only really beaten by Hyundai and Toyota’s five-year warranties and Kia’s seven-year one.
Peugeot offers service plans for up to five years with different mileage options. You can pay with an up-front amount, or schedule payments on a monthly basis. Plans cost from around £16-£20.
In this review
- 1Peugeot 5008 reviewThe Peugeot 5008 is a stylish family SUV, with good practicality and space and a third row of seats
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe 5008 is comfortable and decent to drive, with punchy petrol and diesel engines
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsDiesel engines offer strong economy figures, although insurance premiums might be a little pricey
- 4Interior, design and technologyA stylish interior and plenty of kit helps the Peugeot 5008 seven-seater stand out from the crowd
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe 5008 offers plenty of space inside, but visibility isn’t great
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe 5008 includes excellent levels of standard safety kit, while Driver Power customer satisfaction results are reassuring