Used Skoda Citigo (Mk1, 2012-2019) review - What should you look out for?
The Skoda Citigo was a regular near the top of our Driver Power customer satisfaction survey
The Skoda Citigo shares many components with the VW up!, so common problems are rare. The interior is hard-wearing, the body is built to a high standard and the engines are proven VW units.
Common used Skoda Citigo problems
At first, entry-level S editions weren’t fitted with ESP, although SE models and above did include this safety feature.
The auto is generally reliable and perky, although because it’s an automated manual, check you’re happy with its characteristics when driving.
Some Citigos come with 165/70 R14 tyres, which are scarce, but these can be swapped for 175/65 R14-specification rubber.
New replacement Portable Infotainment Devices cost £300 to buy, although used SEAT or VW items can be reset to feature Skoda branding.
The Citigo has been recalled four times. The first was in May 2013, over faulty airbags. Problems with child locks on five-door cars led to a campaign in July 2016. Two months later, models with a panoramic sunroof built in March and April 2016 were recalled because the roof could detach. The latest action came in December 2017 and covered towing eyes that could fail during use.
In this review
- 1Used Skoda Citigo (Mk1, 2012-2019) reviewThe Skoda Citigo is an impressive all-rounder and a front-runner in the city car class
- 2How much will it cost?Excellent fuel economy and low insurance are just a couple of benefits of Citigo ownership
- 3How practical is it?It's small on the outside, but the Skoda Citigo is surprisingly spacious and useable
- 4What’s it like to drive?The Skoda Citigo is perfect for driving around town, and it's not bad on faster roads, either
- 5What should you look out for? - currently readingThe Skoda Citigo was a regular near the top of our Driver Power customer satisfaction survey
- 6What do owners think? The Skoda Citigo has been a regular near the top of our Driver Power customer satisfaction survey