The best bumper shine
Get the exterior plastic looking fantastic to retain your car’s showroom feel – and protect it in the long term
Liquid sprays, aerosols, gels... there are lots of bumper shines. What’s the difference? Liquid sprays are often the best value, as you’re paying for a cleaner and no propellant. However, you usually need to buff the finish to a shine. There’s no overspray with a gel, and you don’t need to use a lot to get the best result. Aerosols are the simplest to use: just spray on to a cloth, rub in and leave it to work.
I’ve got a scratch running down my door and over the black plastic door protectors. Can I use one product across both surfaces? You shouldn’t – a scratch remover or abrasive polish will work wonders on the car’s bodywork, but some react badly with plastic trim. Stick to a bumper shine on the black plastic, and remember that most door protectors can be removed if you need to work on this trim separately.
- 1IntroductionOur experts name the best car care kit and accessories from the past 12 months
- 2Product of the Year: PURE Highway 300DiClever add-on is a breakthrough for in-car digital radio, making it a realistic proposition at a great-value price
- 3The best smartphone appThere’s a raft of apps to make drivers’ lives easier. We name two we can’t live without
- 4The best tool bagCarrying tools in your car? Keep them organised and protect your boot as we name our three best buys from 10 soft bags
- 5The best road atlasTotal reliance on sat-nav can get you into trouble. We pick three of the best printed road atlases from the 12 tested
- 6The best winter tyreWhich are better: winter or all-season tyres? Our test of 10 covered both as we picked out four of the leading choices
- 7The best summer tyreOnly the best tyres excel in our thorough assessments – and we name the top three out of our 10 tested tyres
- 8The best polish and waxRestoring your car’s showroom shine can be hard work, so you want the results to last. These products will help
- 9The best bumper shine - currently readingGet the exterior plastic looking fantastic to retain your car’s showroom feel – and protect it in the long term
- 10The best tyre shineSpray-on treatments not only give your tyres a real shine, they also provide lasting protection