Product of the Year: PURE Highway 300Di
Clever add-on is a breakthrough for in-car digital radio, making it a realistic proposition at a great-value price
Which manufacturers offer DAB digital radio as standard in their new cars? Which sell it as an option, and which don’t have it at all? There are 12 marques which don’t offer DAB at all: they are Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Chrysler, Fiat, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault and Skoda. MINI is the only brand to include digital radio as standard across its range.
Most other manufacturers provide it as a cost option (prices range from £160 to around £850), although many models have it as standard.
Here’s the full list:
Audi DAB is not available on the A3, R8 or TT, but is included as standard on some versions of the A4, A5, A7 and A8. It’s a cost extra on all other models.
BMW Standard on 7 Series and M5; cost option on all models.
Ford Not available on Ka; standard on C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, as well as Titanium and Titanium X versions of other Ford models. Cost option on other trims.
Jaguar Standard on XF; cost option on XJ and XK models.
Land Rover Not available on the Defender, but standard on all other models except for the Freelander GS – where it’s offered as a cost option.
Mercedes Standard on C-Class, SLK, CLS and S-Class, plus SLS AMG, E63 AMG and CL65 AMG. Not available on G-Wagen or any Smart models.
SEAT Standard on Alhambra SE Lux, plus Leon SE Copa, FR+ and Cupra R; cost option on other models.
Toyota/Lexus Standard on Toyota Land Cruiser and Lexus LS 600h; cost option on all other Toyota models.
Vauxhall Standard on Meriva SE, Astra SE Tech and Astra GTC and Zafira Tourer, plus SE, SE Nav, Elite and Elite Nav versions of the Insignia.
Volvo Standard on XC60 Premium, but a cost option on all other models.
Volkswagen Not available for up! or S and S a/c versions of Polo; standard on Golf Match and Match BlueMotion, plus Passat SE Sport, and all Sharans, Tiguans and Touaregs. Cost option on other VWs.
- 1IntroductionOur experts name the best car care kit and accessories from the past 12 months
- 2Product of the Year: PURE Highway 300Di - currently readingClever add-on is a breakthrough for in-car digital radio, making it a realistic proposition at a great-value price
- 3The best smartphone appThere’s a raft of apps to make drivers’ lives easier. We name two we can’t live without
- 4The best tool bagCarrying tools in your car? Keep them organised and protect your boot as we name our three best buys from 10 soft bags
- 5The best road atlasTotal reliance on sat-nav can get you into trouble. We pick three of the best printed road atlases from the 12 tested
- 6The best winter tyreWhich are better: winter or all-season tyres? Our test of 10 covered both as we picked out four of the leading choices
- 7The best summer tyreOnly the best tyres excel in our thorough assessments – and we name the top three out of our 10 tested tyres
- 8The best polish and waxRestoring your car’s showroom shine can be hard work, so you want the results to last. These products will help
- 9The best bumper shineGet the exterior plastic looking fantastic to retain your car’s showroom feel – and protect it in the long term
- 10The best tyre shineSpray-on treatments not only give your tyres a real shine, they also provide lasting protection