Welcome to New Car Awards 2010!
Here they are... the best new cars your money can buy! We’ve picked the models that we rate the tops in 18 classes, from small cars through to supercars. And this year, there are a number of new categories to reflect the huge choices now available to buyers.
Plus, we announce the winner of the Design Award, as voted for by you in our AutoExpress.co.uk online poll. We also present our Special Award and Person of the Year prizes to game-changing technologies and an inspirational personality in the industry.
And of course, we name the winner of our coveted Car of the Year title... so sit back and enjoy the class of 2010.
- 1Welcome to New Car Awards 2010! - currently reading
- 2Car of the YearSkoda’s Yeti crossover takes the overall Auto Express New Car Award for 2010.
- 3Person of the YearChairman and CEO, Bentley picks up the Award for automotive Person of the Year 2010.
- 4Special AwardInnovative Nissan Leaf electric car gets Special Award for groundbreaking technology.
- 5Design Award
- 6Best CoupéBest Coupe of the year is Peugeot’s stunning RCZ, which beats the Audi TT and VW Scirocco.
- 7Best Performance CarAudi R8 V10 Coupe is our Performance Car of the Year for 2010.
- 8Best Hot Hatch
- 9Best EstateSkoda’s Superb Estate lives up to the name and wins the award for Best Estate Car 2010.
- 10Best Compact FamilyVolkswagen Golf hatchback takes the award for the best compact family car.
- 11Best ConvertibleWinner of Best Convertible for 2010 is the BMW 3-Series Convertible.
- 12Best City CarThe Hyundai i10 supermini has been voted the Best City Car of 2010.
- 13Best LuxuryBest Luxury Car of 2010 is Mercedes’ high tech flagship S-Class saloon.
- 14Best Compact SUVBest Compact SUV of the year is the Land Rover Freelander 2 for the third year in a row.
- 15Best CrossoverBeating the Nissan Qashqai, the Skoda Yeti takes the Best Crossover of the Year Award.