McLaren 720S - best performance cars
McLaren 720S supercar builds on the reputation of its 650 and 675 predecessors
It uses a development of the engine and chassis used in the 675LT to bring a new level of performance to the road, while a raft of electronics means you can adjust every aspect of the McLaren's character to suit the way you want to drive.
The mid-mounted 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 is bigger than before and makes 710bhp, meaning that the car manages 0-62mph in 2.9 seconds, a tenth faster than before. It has a top speed of 220mph, while the electronics allow you to alter the traction control to deliver tail-out slides at will.
The 720S also delivers a useability you associate with new Mclarens. The ride quality rivals some GT cars and a 360-litre luggage area means pack the 720S for long trips away.
Top 10 best performance cars 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run through the top ten performance cars on sale in the UK right now
- 21. Porsche 911 Mixing supercar-baiting speed with day-to-day useability this new Porsche 911 is a tour de force in the performance car market
- 32. Aston Martin DBS SuperleggeraAston Martin’s flagship amplifies everything that makes the DB11 special
- 43. Mclaren 600LT If you were one of the very few who thought the McLaren 570S wasn’t hardcore enough, meet the McLaren 600LT.
- 54. Ferrari 488 PistaThe combination of road-car and race car in the Pista make for a fabulous, yet focused supercar.
- 65. Porsche 718 Cayman/BoxsterSwitch to four-cylinder power hasn't failed to dilute the Porsche 718 Cayman’s excellent driving experience
- 76. Caterham SevenFancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven
- 87. BMW M5 CompetitionThe BMW M5 Competition makes the best super saloon even more super
- 98. McLaren 720S - currently readingMcLaren 720S supercar builds on the reputation of its 650 and 675 predecessors
- 109. Honda Civic Type RWhile the looks are an acquired taste, there's no arguing with the Honda Civic Type R's ability
- 1110. Ford Fiesta STThe Ford Fiesta ST cements the brand’s reputation as a reliable maker of thrilling hot hatches