Used SEAT Alhambra (Mk2, 2010-2020) review - What should you look out for?
The use of tried and tested VW parts means the Alhambra should be a dependable family chariot
The SEAT Alhambra shares its parts with the VW Sharan, so reliability shouldn’t be a problem. The interior is hardwearing and up to the challenge of surviving a lifetime of Happy Meals, muddy boots and wet dogs, while the engines are dependable if well maintained. It’d be worth investing in an aftermarket warranty if you’re buying an Alhambra with a DSG transmission, but the manual gearbox is a safer option.
Common used SEAT Alhambra problems
Some Alhambras come with run-flat rubber. These tend to be more expensive to replace than regular tyres – and they impact on the ride as well.
On vehicles with a panoramic roof, check the base of each A-pillar for signs of water leaks. If the mechanism has distorted, it can be costly to fix.
If you’re buying a car without the integrated navigation, used head units can be bought that simply plug in, giving you full functionality.
Rattles from the front end as the car is driven over bumps will probably be the drop links in the suspension. They’re easy to replace.
While the original Alhambra was affected by five recalls, the Mk2 hasn’t been recalled yet. With only one campaign issued by SEAT each year on average, owners have little to worry about when it comes to their cars’ safety.
In this review
- 1Used SEAT Alhambra (Mk2, 2010-2020) reviewThe seven-seat SEAT Alhambra offers strong value, sliding doors and lots of space
- 2How much will it cost?Efficient engines and good value pricing means the Alhambra’s sums add up
- 3How practical is it?Class-leading practicality and acres of space make the Alhambra a family favourite
- 4What's it like to drive?An agile, fun-to-drive chassis that belies its size makes the Alhambra feel surprisingly car-like
- 5What should you look for? - currently readingThe use of tried and tested VW parts means the Alhambra should be a dependable family chariot
- 6What do owners think?SEAT’s reliability reputation could be better, but there are no concerns over the Alhambra’s safety