Used SEAT Alhambra (Mk2, 2010-2020) review - How much will a used SEAT Alhambra cost?
Efficient engines and good value pricing means the Alhambra’s sums add up
It's cheaper than the VW Sharan, but that doesn’t mean the Alhambra is the cheapest MPV out there. Rivals can cost less, but none can quite match the Alhambra's practicality or economy.
Used prices have dropped as low as £5,000, with the Alhambra a victim of the shrinking demand for MPVs. Not good news if you’re hoping to sell an Alhambra, but great if you’re looking to buy one, because you’ll get so much more for your money.
Patience is required if you’re after a late SEAT Alhambra, because there aren’t many to choose from. Very few were sold in the last couple of years of production, with the Tarraco taking over as SEAT’s seven-seat family car. That said, you should be able to find a 2019 model for between £20,000 and £25,000.
You can check out the latest used prices for the SEAT Alhambra on our sister site BuyaCar or value a specific model using our valuation tool.
Economy and CO2 emissions
Fuel economy isn't that impressive because the Alhambra is an ageing design that wasn’t optimised for the current WLTP test regime. The best economy figure for the 1.4 TSI petrol is up to 35.3mpg, while the least powerful 2.0 TDI manual has a best quoted figure of 44.1mpg. This drops to 41.5mpg for the DSG model, while the more powerful 2.0 TDI 177PS with DSG manages up to 40.4mpg.
Alhambra owners can choose between fixed or variable maintenance regimes. The former is pegged at 10,000 miles or annually, while the latter allows up to a two-year or 20,000-mile gap. Services alternate between minor and major, costing £159 and £269 respectively.
Both the 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI have a cambelt, which should be changed every five years or 60,000 miles; you’ll pay £329 to have this work done on a petrol car or £399 on a diesel. The brake fluid needs to be renewed every two years, at £49, and at the same time the air-con should be serviced, for £69.
Insuring an Alhambra won’t cost too much as the 148bhp petrol and diesel models are both insurance group 19, while the most powerful 182bhp diesel is group 22. Ford Galaxy insurance ranges from group 16 to 26.
In this review
- 1Used SEAT Alhambra (Mk2, 2010-2020) reviewThe seven-seat SEAT Alhambra offers strong value, sliding doors and lots of space
- 2How much will it cost? - currently readingEfficient engines and good value pricing means the Alhambra’s sums add up
- 3How practical is it?Class-leading practicality and acres of space make the Alhambra a family favourite
- 4What's it like to drive?An agile, fun-to-drive chassis that belies its size makes the Alhambra feel surprisingly car-like
- 5What should you look for?The use of tried and tested VW parts means the Alhambra should be a dependable family chariot
- 6What do owners think?SEAT’s reliability reputation could be better, but there are no concerns over the Alhambra’s safety