Aston Martin DBS Superleggera - best supercars
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera slots into the space between the DB11 and the Vantage
At the heart of the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera lies a 5.2-litre twin-turbo V12, the same one utilized by the DB11. It provides a fitting soundtrack for Aston’s super-GT, as well as incredible performance.
715bhp and 900Nm of torque are the headline figures, resulting in a 0-62 figure of 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 211mph: not bad for a car designed to take on continents rather than racetracks.
That’s not to say the DBS suffers while cornering: in fact, fast corners are where it comes alive. 180kg of downforce provides stability at speed, and on smooth asphalt at least, the DBS feels compliant.
This is good news for those inclined to drive long distances, but be warned: you might find yourself driving past your destination just to enjoy a few more miles behind the wheel.
Top 10 best supercars 2019
- 1IntroductionThe 10 best supercars on sale today offer performance, thrills and outstanding style
- 21. McLaren 720SThe UK’s answer to the Ferrari 488, only with more power, more performance and a drop more practicality
- 32. Ferrari 488 GTBAdding turbos may have the enraged the purists, but the 488 GTB is a massive leap forward from the 458
- 43. Lamborghini Huracan PerformanteThe Huracan Performante is nearly twice the price of the Porsche 911 GT3, but it delivers a sense of occasion like no other
- 54. Ferrari 812 SuperfastDoes the Ferrari 812 live up to the legacy left by the F12? You bet it does...
- 65. Porsche 911 GT2 RSThe Porsche 911 GT2 RS carries a massive premium over the GT3, but few buyers will care with such extraordinary performance
- 76. Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Audi R8 has long been one of the best ‘everyday’ supercars, and this hasn’t changed despite losing the V8 option
- 87. Ford GTBorn on the racetrack and modified to meet road regulations, the new Ford GT is one of the most exhilarating cars on the road
- 98. Aston Martin DBS Superleggera - currently readingThe Aston Martin DBS Superleggera slots into the space between the DB11 and the Vantage
- 109. Lamborghini Aventador SThe Aventador S is a beast. It snarls, spits and cracks its way down the road at incredible speed, making it a truly brilliant supercar
- 1110. Honda NSXThe second generation Honda NSX is here, ready to take on the world again with a baffling array of tech