Best breakdown services
Which operator can you rely on in a breakdown? Our results reveal all
The best breakdown recovery services are not only quick to arrive on the scene, but they also fix the problem on the spot. That’s why we’ve asked you how your breakdown provider fared on both counts, to create this year’s Driver Power chart.
But before we show you who best deserves your cash at renewal, it’s worth noting just how few of you actually use these policies in practice.
While we found most motorists were covered (87 per cent), we were relieved to discover that only just over a third of you had ever needed to call out your breakdown service. Of the 39 per cent who did, nearly half said it was for a mechanical fault, while punctures still accounted for 16 per cent of call-outs.
|2||GEM Motoring Assist||85.77%|
|7||Rescue My Car||82.96%|
How are our results calculated?
The results are based on nearly 29,000 readers' ratings out of five in a number of categories – which includes how quick they were to arrive on the scene, and whether they could fix the problem on the spot.
We also pooled your ratings on how friendly and helpful they were, how well presented, their value for money and overall service. As with last year, the result is a league table of the top 15 brands in the business.
Why doesn’t my insurer feature?
If your provider is missing, it could be because it didn’t meet our strict minimum sample size criteria, which we use to guarantee robust results.
- 1Introduction29,000 motorists have had their say, and now we reveal the Driver Power 2012 winners
- 2Best car of 2012The results are in, and we name our Driver Power 2012 champion
- 3Top 100We asked what you liked and disliked about your car – and 29,000 of you responded. Here are the results
- 4Best manufacturersThe UK's favourite manufacturers, as voted for by tens of thousands of owners
- 5Category winnersWe reveal the best cars in 10 categories - from reliability to performance and running costs - as voted for by you
- 6Class winnersWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 7Best dealersThe best dealers, revealed in our poll of 29,000 Auto Express readers
- 8Best breakdown services - currently readingWhich operator can you rely on in a breakdown? Our results reveal all