Ferrari LaFerrari - Best hypercars
Ferrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
Available as a coupe from 2013 and an ‘Aperta’ or spider from 2016, the £1m plus LaFerrari is the ultimate poster car of the era. And no wonder, with stunning styling wrapping up a Formula 1 inspired hybrid system that mates the 6.3-litre V12 from the Ferrari F12 to an electric motor for a combined output of 950bhp.
To illustrate what the LaFerrari is capable of, the firm says it will lap the Fiorano test track an incredible five seconds faster than the previously ‘definitive’ Ferrari Enzo. Carbon fibre technology is used to keep the weight down to an impressively skimpy 1,250kgs, and like most of the current crop of hypercars LaFerrari has active aerodynamic panels so it doesn’t need a massive fixed rear wing like the old Ferrari F40.
- 1IntroductionWhat are the best hypercars ever? Our top 10 list showcases the most powerful, fastest and most expensive hypercars in the world
- 21. McLaren F1Being the car which kickstarted the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 is a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow do you follow the incredible Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron, of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG ONEMercedes-AMG’s ONE uses a modified version of the engine found in Lewis Hamilton’s Formula 1 racing car
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way, and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. GMA T.33Designed by the creator of the McLaren F1, this T.33 uses a Cosworth-built V12 engine
- 109. Ferrari LaFerrari - currently readingFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 1110. Aston Martin ValkyrieThe Aston Martin Valkyrie is a 6.5-litre V12 F1-inspired hypercar for the road, and no, you are not dreaming