Ferrari LaFerrari - best hypercars
Ferrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
Available as a coupe from 2013 and an ‘Aperta’ or spider from 2016, the £1m plus LaFerrari is the ultimate poster car of the era. And no wonder, with stunning styling wrapping up a Formula 1 inspired hybrid system that mates the 6.3-litre V12 from the Ferrari F12 to an electric motor for a combined output of 950bhp.
To illustrate what the LaFerrari is capable of, the firm says it will lap the Fiorano test track an incredible five seconds faster than the previously ‘definitive’ Ferrari Enzo. Carbon fibre technology is used to keep the weight down to an impressively skimpy 1,250kgs, and like most of the current crop of hypercars LaFerrari has active aerodynamic panels so it doesn’t need a massive fixed rear wing like the old Ferrari F40.
Best hypercars 2020
- 1IntroductionThey're the pinnacle of engineering, but what goes into the greatest hypercars ever built? Our top 10 reveals all
- 21. McLaren F1The car that created the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 remains a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow to you follow the Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG Project ONEMercedes are one of very few companies who could, if they wanted make an F1 car for the road. Luckily, they very much do want to...
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's latest hypercar show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. Ferrari LaFerrari - currently readingFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 109. Aston Martin ValkyrieAston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a 6.5-litre V12 F1 inspired car for the road. No, you are not dreaming
- 1110. Bugatti VeyronThe mind-blowing Bugatti Veyron set new standards for price, performance and luxury when it arrived back in 2005