Pagani Huayra BC - best hypercars
Pagani's latest hypercar show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
The Pagani Huayra is named after the Inca god of wind, and like the Pagani Zonda before it blows a big raspberry in the direction of longer-established Italian exotic builders Ferrari and Lamborghini.
With a monocoque made of carbon fibre and titanium, the Huayra weighs in at less than 1,400kgs. Not surprisingly, therefore, with a 720bhp and 1,000Nm twin-turbo Mercedes-AMG stuffed into its rear end, even the ‘standard’ Huayra goes like stink. Maximum speed is quoted at 235mph, with a 0-62mph time of 3.2 seconds.
The Huayra BC takes things a step further, with a power upgrade reported to be in the vicinity of 800bhp, and a stunning aero package with vast rear wing and racing car style front splitter. In fact, according to Pagani no panels are identical to the regular Huayra. If you didn’t catch the Huayra BC at the Geneva Motor Show, your chances of seeing one are vanishingly slim. Just 20 cars are slated for production, and it’s likely many will disappear into collections.
Best hypercars 2020
- 1IntroductionThey're the pinnacle of engineering, but what goes into the greatest hypercars ever built? Our top 10 reveals all
- 21. McLaren F1The car that created the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 remains a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow to you follow the Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG Project ONEMercedes are one of very few companies who could, if they wanted make an F1 car for the road. Luckily, they very much do want to...
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BC - currently readingPagani's latest hypercar show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. Ferrari LaFerrariFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 109. Aston Martin ValkyrieAston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a 6.5-litre V12 F1 inspired car for the road. No, you are not dreaming
- 1110. Bugatti VeyronThe mind-blowing Bugatti Veyron set new standards for price, performance and luxury when it arrived back in 2005