Koenigsegg Agera RS - best hypercars
Swedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way and it's own way is very, very fast
When the Koenigsegg Agera was introduced in 2010, the Swedish car company had already made a name for itself with its limited volume CC series introduced a decade earlier. While Koenigsegg may not have the illustrious history of many of its hypercar rivals, it definitely has a spec-sheet to make up for it.
Power comes from a 5.0-litre twin turbo V8 designed in-house (rival Pagani uses Mercedes-AMG engines), which makes 1,380bhp and a maximum torque figure of 1280Nm. Weighing around 1,400kgs, achieved in part due to use of carbon fibre, the Agera RS has claimed the world record for the fastest 0-249-0mph time, taking a ridiculous 36.44 seconds – over five seconds faster than the previous record set by the Bugatti Chiron.
The Agera RS also claimed the record for highest top speed towards the end of 2017, reaching the dizzying heights of 277.9mph, 12mph more than the existing record held by the Bugatti Veyrom Super Sport – one imagines the team at Koenigsegg are no longer on Bugatti’s Christmas card list... Interestingly, Koenigsegg offer a 1Megawatt engine option, which is enough to power three Porsche 911 Carrera GTS’ and have seven Watts spare. It doesn’t matter if you have ever seen one or not, Koenigsegg produce some seriously quick cars.
Best hypercars 2021
- 1IntroductionThey're the pinnacle of engineering, but what goes into the greatest hypercars ever built? Our top 10 reveals all
- 21. McLaren F1The car that created the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 remains a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow to you follow the Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG Project ONEMercedes are one of very few companies who could, if they wanted make an F1 car for the road. Luckily, they very much do want to...
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RS - currently readingSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's latest hypercar show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. Ferrari LaFerrariFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 109. Aston Martin ValkyrieAston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a 6.5-litre V12 F1 inspired car for the road. No, you are not dreaming