Aston Martin Valkyrie - best hypercars
Aston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a 6.5-litre V12 F1 inspired car for the road. No, you are not dreaming
Aston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a hypercar which has only one direct rival – the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE. Scheduled for deliveries in 2019, the Valkyrie will use a 6.5-litre V12 built by Cosworth with an F1 style hybrid system. While we say the Valkyrie will be a road car, only 150 examples will be made and at an estimated £2 million each, don’t expect to see any in the local Asda car park.
Aston is toting a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio, and as the Valkyrie is expected to weigh in at 900kg, a bhp figure of 900 would make mathematical sense. These kinds of numbers put it in line with the Mercedes-AMG Project One mentioned above, which is claimed to have an output of 986bhp.
On top of the road going version, there is expected to be a track only model which will allegedly be capable of exceeding 200mph and reach 62mph from a standstill in just over two seconds.
Best hypercars 2021
- 1IntroductionThey're the pinnacle of engineering, but what goes into the greatest hypercars ever built? Our top 10 reveals all
- 21. McLaren F1The car that created the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 remains a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow to you follow the Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG Project ONEMercedes are one of very few companies who could, if they wanted make an F1 car for the road. Luckily, they very much do want to...
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's latest hypercar show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. Ferrari LaFerrariFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 109. Aston Martin Valkyrie - currently readingAston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a 6.5-litre V12 F1 inspired car for the road. No, you are not dreaming
- 1110. Bugatti VeyronThe mind-blowing Bugatti Veyron set new standards for price, performance and luxury when it arrived back in 2005