Bugatti Chiron - best hypercars
How to you follow the Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron of course
It’s not exactly a ‘clean sheet’ replacement for the Veyron, as it carries over its basic architecture and a W16 engine. The wheelbase is the same, but the styling is new and the Chiron is a few cms longer and wider than its predecessor. The engine has been completely reworked, however, and produces a staggering 1,500bhp and 1,600Nm of torque, which Bugatti says is a 25 per cent increase in performance.
Four turbochargers are configured to ensure peak torque is delivered from 2,000rpm all the way to 6,000rpm – and the car reportedly has a top speed of around 288mph, although it’s limited to 261mph on customer cars. But with a price tag of almost £2 million, and that’s without going nuts on the options list, would you accept anything less than blistering performance?
Best hypercars 2019
- 1IntroductionThey're the pinnacle of engineering, but what goes into the greatest hypercars ever built? Our top 10 reveals all
- 21. McLaren F1The car that created the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 remains a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti Chiron - currently readingHow to you follow the Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG Project ONEMercedes are one of very few companies who could, if they wanted make an F1 car for the road. Luckily, they very much do want to...
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's latest hypercar show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. Ferrari LaFerrariFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 109. Aston Martin ValkyrieAston Martin and Red Bull Racing have teamed up to produce a 6.5-litre V12 F1 inspired car for the road. No, you are not dreaming
- 1110. Bugatti VeyronThe mind-blowing Bugatti Veyron set new standards for price, performance and luxury when it arrived back in 2005