Mercedes-AMG ONE - Best hypercars
Mercedes-AMG’s ONE uses a modified version of the engine found in Lewis Hamilton’s Formula 1 racing car
The Mercedes-AMG Project ONE was first revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2017, and it took the German firm’s most talented engineers five years to get it into production. The AMG ONE costs a staggering £2.5 million, though this price will buy you a car that uses a modified version of the 1.6-litre turbocharged hybrid six-cylinder engine found in Lewis Hamilton’s multiple-Championship winning Mercedes F1 W07 racing car. In the AMG ONE, the power unit is capable of revving all the way to 11,000 rpm and delivers a whopping 1,048 bhp to the car’s four-wheel-drive system.
As you might expect from a modified Formula One engine, Mercedes-AMG’s engineers claim a top speed of 219mph, while the AMG ONE will accelerate from 0-62mph in just 2.9 seconds with the help of the car’s onboard electric motors and the complex electronic turbocharger system. However, this intricate blend of racing equipment, combined with the safety kit to make this machine road legal, means that the AMG ONE tips the scales at a hefty 1,696kg.
- 1IntroductionWhat are the best hypercars ever? Our top 10 list showcases the most powerful, fastest and most expensive hypercars in the world
- 21. McLaren F1Being the car which kickstarted the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 is a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow do you follow the incredible Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron, of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG ONE - currently readingMercedes-AMG’s ONE uses a modified version of the engine found in Lewis Hamilton’s Formula 1 racing car
- 54. McLaren SennaIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way, and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. GMA T.33Designed by the creator of the McLaren F1, this T.33 uses a Cosworth-built V12 engine
- 109. Ferrari LaFerrariFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 1110. Aston Martin ValkyrieThe Aston Martin Valkyrie is a 6.5-litre V12 F1-inspired hypercar for the road, and no, you are not dreaming