ROAD cars rarely look as good as their concept car inspirations – but the RCZ is no ordinary vehicle. And Peugeot is reaping the rewards, as the coupé has gone from show star to hot showroom property in the blink of an eye.
Order books for the striking 2+2 are already swollen, and the RCZ has proven a hit with our readers, too... That explains how the striking newcomer was able to see off models costing much, much more to scoop our Design Award. It was voted for by visitors to the Auto Express website, where it lined up with sharp-suited competitors such as the gorgeous Audi R8 Spyder and attention-grabbing gullwing Mercedes SLS AMG.
You voted in your thousands, and when the poll closed the Peugeot was our victor. See one in the metal and the appeal is obvious, as its unique double-bubble roof and matching glass rear windscreen ensure it looks like nothing else on the road.
- 1Welcome to New Car Awards 2010!
- 2Car of the YearSkoda’s Yeti crossover takes the overall Auto Express New Car Award for 2010.
- 3Person of the YearChairman and CEO, Bentley picks up the Award for automotive Person of the Year 2010.
- 4Special AwardInnovative Nissan Leaf electric car gets Special Award for groundbreaking technology.
- 5Design Award - currently reading
- 6Best CoupéBest Coupe of the year is Peugeot’s stunning RCZ, which beats the Audi TT and VW Scirocco.
- 7Best Performance CarAudi R8 V10 Coupe is our Performance Car of the Year for 2010.
- 8Best Hot Hatch
- 9Best EstateSkoda’s Superb Estate lives up to the name and wins the award for Best Estate Car 2010.
- 10Best Compact FamilyVolkswagen Golf hatchback takes the award for the best compact family car.
- 11Best ConvertibleWinner of Best Convertible for 2010 is the BMW 3-Series Convertible.
- 12Best City CarThe Hyundai i10 supermini has been voted the Best City Car of 2010.
- 13Best LuxuryBest Luxury Car of 2010 is Mercedes’ high tech flagship S-Class saloon.
- 14Best Compact SUVBest Compact SUV of the year is the Land Rover Freelander 2 for the third year in a row.
- 15Best CrossoverBeating the Nissan Qashqai, the Skoda Yeti takes the Best Crossover of the Year Award.