The best tyre shine
Spray-on treatments not only give your tyres a real shine, they also provide lasting protection
Can I use a pressure washer to clean my tyres’ sidewalls before applying a shine? You can, but you’ll need to use a fan spray about 20cm from the wheel and keep the lance moving. If you allow prolonged water pressure to hit one section of the tyre, it can damage it. Also take care to avoid using a fine jet and spraying water directly into the gap where the rubber meets the rim, and you’ll be fine.
How long will a tyre shine last for in the UK? This obviously depends on how many miles you drive, and the conditions you drive in. We carried out our tests over the wet winter period, and our winner retained its shine and protection for five weeks without the tyres being cleaned. Only after that time did its shine begin to tail off. You can expect to get greater durability in the drier summer months.
- 1IntroductionOur experts name the best car care kit and accessories from the past 12 months
- 2Product of the Year: PURE Highway 300DiClever add-on is a breakthrough for in-car digital radio, making it a realistic proposition at a great-value price
- 3The best smartphone appThere’s a raft of apps to make drivers’ lives easier. We name two we can’t live without
- 4The best tool bagCarrying tools in your car? Keep them organised and protect your boot as we name our three best buys from 10 soft bags
- 5The best road atlasTotal reliance on sat-nav can get you into trouble. We pick three of the best printed road atlases from the 12 tested
- 6The best winter tyreWhich are better: winter or all-season tyres? Our test of 10 covered both as we picked out four of the leading choices
- 7The best summer tyreOnly the best tyres excel in our thorough assessments – and we name the top three out of our 10 tested tyres
- 8The best polish and waxRestoring your car’s showroom shine can be hard work, so you want the results to last. These products will help
- 9The best bumper shineGet the exterior plastic looking fantastic to retain your car’s showroom feel – and protect it in the long term
- 10The best tyre shine - currently readingSpray-on treatments not only give your tyres a real shine, they also provide lasting protection