SEAT Ibiza review - MPG, CO2 and running costs
The SEAT Ibiza 1.0-litre model promises good fuel economy and reasonable CO2 emissions
The 1.0 MPI is no longer offered fro new, but has a best quoted economy figure of 53.3mpg, which is pretty much on a par with the more powerful 1.0 TSI and demonstrates how much harder the 79bhp unit has to work to get the Ibiza moving.
Maximum economy (on the combined cycle) for the TSI 94bhp version is quoted at 54.3mpg, with the most powerful 108bhp car returning 52.3mpg in manual form and 48.7mpg when paired with the seven-speed DSG auto. However, all of these figures will be dependant on spec, as fitting larger wheels, accessories or going for a higher trim with more kit (thus adding weight), will have a negative impact on economy.
CO2 emissions range from 119g/km for the 1.0-litre TSI SE version, to 134g/km for the 108bhp TSI variant in Xcellence Lux trim.
The SEAT Ibiza would be a great choice as a first car, although the (now discontinued) 1.0 MPI SE and SE Technology versions are the only ones with a really low insurance rating, in Group 3. The rest of the range spans groups 9-13.
Residual values for the SEAT Ibiza are in the 42-47 per cent bracket after three-years and 36,000-miles, with higher-spec models performing the strongest.
In comparison, the Skoda Fabia is a similar performer, while a VW Polo should hold onto 47 per cent of its original list price after the same three-year period.
In this review
- 1SEAT Ibiza reviewThe SEAT Ibiza includes great on-board tech and still sets a high standard in the supermini class
- 2Engines, performance and driveWith a punchy three-cylinder TSI engine and a sweet, balanced chassis, the SEAT Ibiza offers plenty of character
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running Costs - currently readingThe SEAT Ibiza 1.0-litre model promises good fuel economy and reasonable CO2 emissions
- 4Interior, design and technologySharp exterior lines carry over to the spacious interior, while the Ibiza features decent on-board tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe SEAT Ibiza supermini boasts great space for both passengers and their luggage
- 6Reliability and SafetyBuyers will feel reassured by the excellent standard safety kit, while the SEAT Ibiza should prove to be reliable