Safest small MPV: Opel/Vauxhall Crossland X
The Crossland X came as a much needed replacement for the old Meriva, offering styling in line with modern trends and great safety ratings
The Vauxhall Crossland X impressed us with its space, practicality and equipment, but there will be confusion for many as to how it sits in the range with the Mokka X. The driving experience won’t set your trousers on fire, but that isn’t why you buy a car like this. Instead, the solid infotainment system and great all-round packaging will be what draws you to the Crossland.
Of course, safety is a priority for family cars, and the Crossland X ranks highly here. A score of 84% in the Child Occupant category will reassure parents that their little ones are in the safest seats possible. And for those rare times you manage to escape for an excursion without the kids you will be in safe hands also, as the Crossland X scored 85% in adult occupant protection.
As a family bus goes, the Crossland X is a good choice, and this excellent safety rating adds to that...
Safest small MPV - previous winners
- 1IntroductionWe look at the cars Euro NCAP has named as the safest cars on sale
- 2Safest small family car: Mercedes A-ClassAs well as a stylish look, the latest A-Class is packed with cutting-edge safety tech
- 3Safest large family car: Lexus ESExecutive hybrid earned some of the highest percentage scores of any Euro NCAP test
- 4Safest large SUV: Hyundai NexoNew SUV earns five stars in first-ever Euro NCAP test for a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle
- 5Safest hybrid & electric car: Lexus ESA second award for the new Lexus executive saloon, this time in the 2018 safest hybrid and electric category
- 6Safest supermini: Volkswagen PoloEuro NCAP has proven that the Volkswagen Polo isn't just spacious and practical, it's safe, too
- 7Safest small MPV: Opel/Vauxhall Crossland X - currently readingThe Crossland X came as a much needed replacement for the old Meriva, offering styling in line with modern trends and great safety ratings
- 8Safest large MPV: Ford GalaxySafety is important to family buyers, and those after a large seven-seat MPV would be very safe in the Ford Galaxy
- 9Safest roadster/convertible: Mazda MX-5Good-looking, great to drive and cheap - and now the MX-5 is rated Euro NCAP's safest convertible of 2015
- 10Safest small SUV: Volkswagen T-RocThe T-Roc’s fantastic five-star safety rating makes it an attractive proposition to family buyers