Volvo V60 review - Reliability and safety
The V60 delivers the usual high standard of Volvo safety
Nobody takes vehicle safety more seriously than Volvo, and the V60 has the very latest safety kit on board to try and prevent a crash from happening. But if the worst does happen, then it will protect you as best it can.
The car will help you to avoid head-on crashes if you stray out of your lane, it's also able to detect pedestrians and animals in your path and prevent you from pulling out in front of oncoming traffic if you need to turn right across lanes. As well as these advanced safety features, the V60 has the usual round of electronic driver aids and speed limit warnings, a full set of airbags and ISOfix child seat mounts in the back.
Euro NCAP tested the V60 in 2018 and awarded it a full five-star rating, with scores of 96% and 84% for adult and child occupant safety, respectively.
All Volvos come with a three-year/60,000 mile warranty, which is standard for the class, although BMW's similar coverage has no mileage limit. In addition, Volvo issues a paint warranty for the same three years, while a corrosion warranty covers the car for 12 years.
The Volvo Service Plan is available to customers to help spread servicing costs on an interest-free monthly basis. After each service, Volvo will extend your breakdown cover for one year at no extra cost.
In this review
- 1VerdictIf you want a luxurious and spacious estate, the Volvo V60 offers a relaxed alternative to German rivals
- 2Engines, performance and driveRefinement is the main focus of the V60 driving experience, although plug-in hybrid versions offer great blend of performance and economy
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsFour-cylinder engines provide decent economy, with plug-in hybrids promising the best economy
- 4Interior, design and technologyVolvo leads its rivals on interior design – the V60 has a cool and calm cabin, while technology is class best, too
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceBest-in-class boot space is backed up by impressive knee room in the back. Foot space is a little more cramped, though
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe V60 delivers the usual high standard of Volvo safety