BMW 2 Series Convertible review - Reliability and Safety
Customer survey shows it'll be decent, if not better
BMW’s sturdy image takes a bit of a pounding here, as the manufacturer managed only 25st place in our Driver Power 2019 satisfaction survey. The 2 Series itself failed to chart.
When it comes to safety, things are a little different. Euro NCAP hasn’t crash tested this model, but its sister car – the 1 Series – was awarded a full five-star rating. The 2 Series also gets pop-up rollover hoops that emerge from behind the rear seats if the car should turn over, as well as an SOS emergency call function.
Every new BMW comes with a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty, which beats Audi's 60,000-mile capped guarantee.
When you need to service your 2 Series will depend on how often you drive it. The service intervals are variable but BMW offers a range of packages to cover routine maintenance.
In this review
- 1VerdictBMW 2 Series convertible replaced the old 1 Series soft-top with more pace, efficiency and style
- 2Engines, performance and driveFun to drive and with a strong engine range
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsWide engine range means you'll likely find something that suits - there's even a three-cylinder petrol
- 4Interior, design and technologyBMW's styling is handsome, if not very adventurous, while interior is well built and full of tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceFolding roof means boot space is limited, while rear seats are very small
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingCustomer survey shows it'll be decent, if not better