BMW 7 Series - most comfortable cars
The BMW 7 Series offers supreme comfort across its model range and pushes the Mercedes S-Class harder than ever
Okay, so the huge grille might not be to everyone’s taste but as long as you’re driving or, more likely, being chauffeured in the current 7 Series you can’t see it and you can focus on enjoying the opulent interior and magnificent ride.
BMW offers gesture control which was an new innovative feature when the current 7 Series was released and allows drivers to control parts of the infotainment with simple hand gestures. For ultimate comfort, there’s a Rear Seat Comfort Plus Package which adds reclining airline-style seats and a centre console.
There's plenty of tech under the skin, too, with carbon fibre in its construction that's designed to keep the weight down, so the 7 Series is a luxury limo that likes to be driven briskly, even if other occupants aren't keen on enthusiastic cornering.
If you're in a hurry, the V12-powered 760Li has an outrageous amount of power, although speccing it in Exclusive trim gives it a look that's as subtle as the 725d that costs half the price. It's a real Q-car, and with a 0-60mph time of 3.7 seconds, it'll see off plenty of supposed supercars.
Most comfortable cars on sale
- 1IntroductionWe pick 10 of the most comfortable cars to drive, or be driven in, currently on sale in the UK
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassThe Mercedes S-Class leads the way for luxury, comfort, refinement and technology
- 32. Rolls-Royce PhantomA name etched into the luxury car market, the Rolls-Royce Phantom lives up to its reputation
- 43. Range RoverThe Range Rover is one of the most comfortable cars of all, both on the road and off it
- 54. BMW 7 Series - currently readingThe BMW 7 Series offers supreme comfort across its model range and pushes the Mercedes S-Class harder than ever
- 65. Bentley MulsanneHand-crafted Bentley Mulsanne delivers luxury and performance in spades
- 76. Audi A8The latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
- 87. BMW 5 SeriesWhether cruising along or tackling tight corners, the BMW 5 Series has it all
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga might be expensive and inefficient, but it’s also one of the best luxury SUVs on sale
- 109. Audi Q7Second-generation Audi Q7 made big strides in ride quality and handling
- 1110. Mercedes E-ClassThe Mercedes E-Class utilises tech from S-Class to deliver limousine ride quality in an executive saloon body