Audi Q7 - most comfortable cars
Second-generation Audi Q7 made big strides in ride quality and handling
The Q7 delivers a luxurious drive that's on a par with the A8 limousine and the high driving position will be more relaxing for some.
One highlight of the Q7 is the e-tron plug-in hybrid model. This boosts refinement further over its diesel counterparts courtesy of its electric drive, which allows a certain amount of silent running, either in full electric mode, or with the electric motor supplementing the engine.
The standard adaptive air-suspension gives a good mix of ride quality, accentuated by Comfort mode. The Q7 is surprisingly poised in the corners which is also helped by the optional four-wheel steering system.
Whichever model you choose, you'll get Audi's legendary build quality, with first-rate materials and plenty of hi-tech additions. There's seating for seven, although the rearmost row isn't as roomy as some rivals, while quattro four-wheel drive is geared towards improved on-road cruising than off-road ability.
Most comfortable cars on sale
- 1IntroductionWe pick 10 of the most comfortable cars to drive, or be driven in, currently on sale in the UK
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassThe Mercedes S-Class leads the way for luxury, comfort, refinement and technology
- 32. Rolls-Royce PhantomA name etched into the luxury car market, the Rolls-Royce Phantom lives up to its reputation
- 43. Range RoverThe Range Rover is one of the most comfortable cars of all, both on the road and off it
- 54. BMW 7 SeriesThe BMW 7 Series offers supreme comfort across its model range and pushes the Mercedes S-Class harder than ever
- 65. Bentley MulsanneHand-crafted Bentley Mulsanne delivers luxury and performance in spades
- 76. Audi A8The latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
- 87. BMW 5 SeriesWhether cruising along or tackling tight corners, the BMW 5 Series has it all
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga might be expensive and inefficient, but it’s also one of the best luxury SUVs on sale
- 109. Audi Q7 - currently readingSecond-generation Audi Q7 made big strides in ride quality and handling
- 1110. Mercedes E-ClassThe Mercedes E-Class utilises tech from S-Class to deliver limousine ride quality in an executive saloon body