Audi A8 - most comfortable cars
The latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
In order to compete against the likes of the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes S-Class, Audi has had to improve the A8’s equipment levels, interior design and, most importantly, ride quality.
The current A8 fills this brief brilliantly. Even if you opt for the ‘entry-level’ Sport model (which will still set you back nearly £72k), air-suspension, 22-way adjustable comfort seats and Audi’s Virtual Cockpit.
There’s a range of combustion engines but the 60 TFSIe hybrid is the most convincing model as you can waft along on in near-silence in EV mode for at least 26 miles. For those wanted the most premium A8 an incoming W12 version will appeal, especially judging by the W12-engined Bentley Continental.
If you tick the ‘relaxation seat’ option on the long-wheelbase version then you’ll get a rear seat behind the passenger which gets four adjustment options and the ability to warm and massage the soles of you feet. Other options like a panoramic glass roof, acoustic double-glazed windows, four-zone climate control and even a chilled glovebox make the A8 one of the most technologically advanced cars on the road.
Most comfortable cars on sale
- 1IntroductionWe pick 10 of the most comfortable cars to drive, or be driven in, currently on sale in the UK
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassThe Mercedes S-Class leads the way for luxury, comfort, refinement and technology
- 32. Rolls-Royce PhantomA name etched into the luxury car market, the Rolls-Royce Phantom lives up to its reputation
- 43. Range RoverThe Range Rover is one of the most comfortable cars of all, both on the road and off it
- 54. BMW 7 SeriesThe BMW 7 Series offers supreme comfort across its model range and pushes the Mercedes S-Class harder than ever
- 65. Bentley MulsanneHand-crafted Bentley Mulsanne delivers luxury and performance in spades
- 76. Audi A8 - currently readingThe latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
- 87. BMW 5 SeriesWhether cruising along or tackling tight corners, the BMW 5 Series has it all
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga might be expensive and inefficient, but it’s also one of the best luxury SUVs on sale
- 109. Audi Q7Second-generation Audi Q7 made big strides in ride quality and handling
- 1110. Mercedes E-ClassThe Mercedes E-Class utilises tech from S-Class to deliver limousine ride quality in an executive saloon body