Audi A8 - most comfortable cars
The latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
The current A8 fills this brief brilliantly. Even if you opt for the ‘entry-level’ Sport model (which will still set you back nearly £72k), air-suspension, 22-way adjustable comfort seats and Audi’s Virtual Cockpit.
There’s a range of combustion engines but the 60 TFSIe hybrid is the most convincing model as you can waft along on in near-silence in EV mode for at least 26 miles. For those wanted the most premium A8 an incoming W12 version will appeal, especially judging by the W12-engined Bentley Continental.
If you tick the ‘relaxation seat’ option on the long-wheelbase version then you’ll get a rear seat behind the passenger which gets four adjustment options and the ability to warm and massage the soles of you feet. Other options like a panoramic glass roof, acoustic double-glazed windows, four-zone climate control and even a chilled glovebox make the A8 one of the most technologically advanced cars on the road.
Most comfortable cars on sale
- 1IntroductionWe pick 10 of the most comfortable cars to drive, or be driven in, currently on sale in the UK
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassThe Mercedes S-Class leads the way for luxury, comfort, refinement and technology
- 32. Rolls-Royce PhantomA name etched into the luxury car market, the Rolls-Royce Phantom lives up to its reputation
- 43. Range RoverThe Range Rover is one of the most comfortable cars of all, both on the road and off it
- 54. BMW 7 SeriesThe BMW 7 Series offers supreme comfort across its model range and pushes the Mercedes S-Class harder than ever
- 65. Bentley MulsanneHand-crafted Bentley Mulsanne delivers luxury and performance in spades
- 76. Audi A8 - currently readingThe latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
- 87. BMW 5 SeriesWhether cruising along or tackling tight corners, the BMW 5 Series has it all
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga might be expensive and inefficient, but it’s also one of the best luxury SUVs on sale
- 109. Audi Q7Second-generation Audi Q7 made big strides in ride quality and handling